Working with ranges

  1. #1
    denny
    Guest

    Working with ranges

    1. In my old dos program, Lucid, I could mark a range and make it all be
    LABEL, which meant it would move to the left and show the formula plus and
    apostrophe in front of it. In Excel, can I put an apostrophe in front of a
    whole bunch of cells at once?

    2. Can I use <F4> to change a whole range from looking like- $A$1 to
    looking like $A1?

    3. How can I show formulas in one range of cells?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Working with ranges

    Either formulas or results are shown - there is no mix and match.

    You can removed the = sign or precede the formula with a single quote and
    the formula becomes a text string and is displayed.

    There is no build in support for doing this other than editing the cell.

    F4 applies to what is selected in the formula bar. Unless you are working
    on a multicell array formula or filling the range, it doesn't work on
    existing formulas in multiple cells.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    denny
    Guest

    Re: Working with ranges

    How can I make a macro that uses <F2><Home><'><Enter>
    and will repeat itself downward for as long as cells are occupied...from any
    column you start it in

  4. #4

    Re: Working with ranges

    One way:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()
    Do
    If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) Then
    Exit Do
    Else
    ActiveCell.Value = "'" & ActiveCell.Value
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
    End If
    Loop
    End Sub

  5. #5
    denny
    Guest

    Re: Working with ranges

    Thank you. That worked perfectly!!! Please look at Shelling Out to Dos