How to format Userform caption?

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Angry How to format Userform caption?

    Does anyone know how to (via code or otherwise) change the font attributes (size, name etc.) of a Userform caption? I have failed with several attempts, each time just returning the default settings. Changing the Userform font properties in the Properties Window doesn't help.

    TIA

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: How to format Userform caption?

    The caption on a userform is the titlebar of the window - this is a Windows
    property, not unique to the userform. So to change it you would have to
    change the Windows setting (via API call) and it would change the setting for
    all Windows titlebars - not an advisable thing to do in your code.

    If you want it to have a different appearance, you could put a label on the
    top of the form - it will not replace the titlebar(which will still be there
    and visible) but it can be formatted however you wish.

    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Thanks Dales for your help and explanation, confirming what I half-suspected viz. the need to resort to API call. It would have been great if it were possible to format userform titles in a "friendlier way"; while the use of labels serves the purpose, it sometimes comes at a cost of eating up precious space and causing clutter. Once again, many thanks.

    David