Importing txt into XL as Delimited, what's wrong w my code?

  1. #1
    NYC <--> Lagos

    Talking Importing txt into XL as Delimited, what's wrong w my code?

    Hi all, Im new here, Please welcome me :D by helping me solve my problem :D

    I am using this code to import text file into excel.
    Can someone tell me what's wrong with my code? Why do i keep getting my customized msgbox error. This code works for another txtfile, but not this.

    please see

    I have attached the spreadsheet and the txt file im trying to import.
    Clicking the second button on the sheet will trigger this wkscmd_ImportData_Click()

    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mslady; 10-04-2005 at 10:55 AM.

  2. #2
    NYC <--> Lagos
    bump

    somebody, anybody?

  3. #3
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Importing txt into XL as Delimited, what's wrong w my code?

    For reference most of the people around here won't open attachments. Viruses
    and the like... Which line of code is throwing the error? As a guess your
    text file is not openeing. You are resuming next even if it does not open.
    When you go to set the range the error is being thrown... Confirm that the
    file is open and that the range rngRaw is not nothing before you go to resize
    it...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  4. #4
    NYC <--> Lagos
    Thanks Jim, I finally got it to work.

    I recorded a new macro "inside the same workbook" i have been working with. And copied and inserted the macro code into my code. And it works like charm. This is what i have now.

    Thanks for your help and taking the time to look at my code