allow comments, unlocked cells, protected sheet

  1. #1
    Jeff Higgins
    Guest

    allow comments, unlocked cells, protected sheet

    Excel 2003
    I have a range of unlocked cells in a protected sheet(select unlocked cells
    only is checked) in a protected workbook (protect structure only is checked)
    that I would like to allow the user to insert comments into. Can anyone tell
    me how to accomplish this?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: allow comments, unlocked cells, protected sheet

    When you protect the sheet, only protect contents, don't protect Objects.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jeff Higgins
    Guest

    Re: allow comments, unlocked cells, protected sheet

    Thank you Tom for your speedy reply.
    I appreciate it very much.

    Moments ago I found an answer to my question at the links posted below, then
    I came back here and you had already answered my question, Thanks.

    Anyway I thought I might paste links below in hopes they might help someone
    else with a similar question.

    Link to page concerning Excel comments:
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

    Link to page where I found answer to my question:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...55fe068fc07429

  4. #4
    Claude
    Guest

    Re: allow comments, unlocked cells, protected sheet

    Hi Tom

    I'm stuggling with the same problem. Isn't there another way of doing this?
    When I set DrawingObjects:=False then other objects (e.g. logo at the top of
    the page) can be deleted.

    Regards,
    Claude