[SOLVED] Error 1004: Calculate Method of Range Class Failed

  1. #1
    Dan Winterton
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Error 1004: Calculate Method of Range Class Failed

    I have a very short and simple macro, whose purpose is to calculate the
    selected range (thereby avoiding the time it takes to calc the entire sheet).

    Sub Recalc_Range()

    Selection.Calculate
    End Sub

    I was running Excel 97, and it worked fine. Now that I have updated to
    Excel XP, I get the following error message: "Calculate Method of Range Class
    Failed"

    I am stumped. I've tried a variety of things, like setting a range variable
    equal to the current selection, then running the calculate function on that
    range. Same error message. I have also read that you may get this error
    message if the Range has no data. My range has data, so that is not it.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Dan

  2. #2
    Jake Marx
    Guest

    Re: Error 1004: Calculate Method of Range Class Failed

    Hi Dan,

    Does this help?

    Jake Marx
    www.longhead.com

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Error 1004: Calculate Method of Range Class Failed

    Does that fit your situation?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Error 1004: Calculate Method of Range Class Failed

    I meant does that fit your situation rather than error.

    this provides a little more background:

    Circular reference does not calculate during Range.Calculate execution in
    Excel 2002

    here is a less likely cause:

    XL2002: You Receive an Error Message When You Use the Range.Calculate Method
    to Calculate Formulas

    just a general reference:

    How formula calculations are performed in Excel 2002 or Excel 2003

    Tom Ogilvy

  5. #5
    Dan Winterton
    Guest

    Re: Error 1004: Calculate Method of Range Class Failed

    Perfect. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Dan Winterton

  7. #7
    Ron
    Guest

    Re: Error 1004: Calculate Method of Range Class Failed

    Does anyone know of a workaround other than turning off the Iterations
    count?
    Having Iterations and Manual Calc mode ON is a very useful combo in
    many cases.
    thanks