Fill an individual report with values from a team report?

  1. #1

    Fill an individual report with values from a team report?

    Hi,

    I have an attendance database, there is a sheet i've created, a Drop Refference table, which shows the persons name, there in days, late days, overtime, and sick days, and from sick days a sick percentage, i did this through COUNTIF statements, pointing them at the attendance tab.

    I want to build an Individual Report which reports on the people individually, so a user will click a button which will open a input box where they will put the user name they want to report on in the format of; 'J Smith' and then the cells in the new report will point towards the cells for that person but in the Drop Refference table.

    So its exactly the same values as the Drop Refference but the Individual Report will just show one person.

    Can anyone help? The only way i think of doing it is a load of IF statements!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Fill an individual report with values from a team report?

    If you want to sum on two or more criteria you can use sumproduct

    =Sumproduct(--(A1:A100="John"),B1:B100)

    where column B holds the sick days as an example.

    You then replace John with a reference to the cell where the name John will
    Appear

    =Sumproduct(--(Data!A1:A100=F9),Data!B1:B100)

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Hey could someone help me with this, i understand what your saying Tom but i wouldn't know where to start to turn what you said into code! If i could get an example of one i could do the rest?!