How to find the rows existing in one column but not the other?

  1. #1
    Fred
    Guest

    How to find the rows existing in one column but not the other?

    Hi,
    I have a first worksheet containing 22000 rows of names and 50 columns
    of various data, and I have a second worksheet containing 16000 rows of
    names without any data columns, the names in the second worksheet are
    all in the first worksheet. Now I want to pick out those rows of names
    with all the data columns in the first worksheet which are NOT contained
    in the second worksheet, probably put them in a new worksheet. Please
    help.

    Best regards,
    Fred Zheng

  2. #2
    George Nicholson
    Guest

    Re: How to find the rows existing in one column but not the other?

    in the 1st sheet:
    Assuming Column A contains Names and Column B is empty (insert an empty
    column), put the following in B2 and copy down:
    =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A$2:A$16000,1,False)
    This will return the Name from Sheet2 (if found) or #N/A (if not found).
    You can use AutoFilter to quickly spot the records that have #N/A in
    columnB.

    What you do with them now is up to you: Copy, Move or nothing.

    HTH,
    --
    George Nicholson

    Remove 'Junk' from return address.