Save workbook with 10 different names

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Save workbook with 10 different names

    Hi

    I want to save my workbook with 10 different name, and the date of saving.

    format: existing name of workbook + i.e. Martin Hansen + mm-yyyy + .xls

    Even better would be to save the .xls files as .zip files, however after some research it seems that it isn't the easiest task. So I guess .xls would do

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Save workbook with 10 different names

    Assume the names are in Range(A1:A10) of the active sheet.
    sName = Activeworkbook.FullName
    sName = Left(sName,len(sname)-4)
    for each cell in Range(A1:A10)
    activeworkbook.SaveCopyAs sName & cell.Value & format(Date, _
    "mm-yyyy") & .xls
    Next

    Tom Ogilvy

    "Ctech" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Save workbook with 10 different names

    Hi Ctech

    Have you try the suggestions yesterday ? in this tread
    Save workbook, in .zip

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    No I haven't had the time to try it yet. However I will later. Ill keep u posted.

    Thanks