Activex control button problem

  1. #1

    Activex control button problem

    I have been using the excel help to assign a macro to an Activex control button, but there seems to be an error. What the help says is "right click on the selector handles on the control button and then use the assign macro shortcut (assign macro or something very similar). However when I right click on a selector handle, the only options I get which are remotely relevant are "view code", "properties", "command button object" and "format control". These don't allow an easy assign macro process.

    Why am I not getting what the help file says I should be getting?

    Thankyou PL

  2. #2
    damorrison
    Guest

    Re: Activex control button problem

    Hi,
    If you are trying to assign a macro to a button, use the bring up the
    forms toolbar click on button and place it in your spread sheet, right
    click and assign macro,
    it sounds like you tried to use the button from the control toolbar,
    Dave

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Activex control button problem

    You have created a button from the control toolbox. You don't assign macros
    to these, they have events. If you double-click the button, it should open
    up a code pane with a skeleton click event created. Add your code in there.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Smile

    I had noticed the difference, ActiveX being on the control bar and command buttons being in forms toolbar. The problem is that the Excel help says it IS possible to right click on selector handles and do the same thing. I am wary of a system that seems to be imperfect.

    In the end I copied and pasted the code from the VB editor into the appropriate place.

    Thankyou for taking the time to reply to my query

    PL

    Quote Originally Posted by damorrison