To complete Progress Bar indicator level to 100%

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    India
    MS-Off Ver

    Question To complete Progress Bar indicator level to 100%

    To complete Progress Bar indicator level to 100% once.

    Assume my total Rows are 5000.
    While going through each rows counting increase by 1 for displaying indicator level.
    If it reaches 100 it starts again from 1 to display until it completes 5000.

    But i don't want to display it again-n-again. Instead to finish it showing once.
    My maths is very poor so i m unable to do the calculation to make it 5000 = 100.

    So plz help to complete this indicator level to display 100% accordingly on completing the total rows

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: To complete Progress Bar indicator level to 100%

    Update your progress counter by the ratio of total records to 100 each time.

    So with 5000 records only update 5000/100 = every 50 records.

    One way of applying this is to use the modulus function

    If recC Mod 50 then UpdateProgress

    where recC = current record count
    every 50 records the UpdateProgress action will be triggered.

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

    "ilyaskazi" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: To complete Progress Bar indicator level to 100%

    Sorry should have read ......

    If recC Mod 50 = 0 then UpdateProgress

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    India
    MS-Off Ver

    Thumbs up

    Thank you nigel

    Another problem:
    ----------------------
    Though my workbook is invisible, i want to show progress bar on userform for saving file (i.e to update my workbook).

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    I hv problem basically in updating my progress bar for comparing sheets.
    Sheets are compared between say "MYSHEET1" with "MYSHEET2" or "RULES1" with "RULES2"

    I need to update my progress bar for going through each row.
    Assume my total columns are 30 and total rows are 541.

    Below are my codes which compares sheets and mark invalid to differences.
    In box type comment code is my problem mark with # to update my progress bar.

    1-
    2-
    Kindly help plzzz

    also posted: