Inputting month and year only

  1. #1
    mo_in_france
    Guest

    Inputting month and year only

    Hello All

    I require the user to input the month and year. For any date input I
    like to use the Microsoft Month View control. However, in this case I
    think this would be too much since I'm not interested in the specific
    day, and I don't want the user to think that I am.

    * Am I able to adapt the MonthView control to not show the days, but
    just show the month and year pickers?
    * Is there another ready-prepared control I could use

    I'm trying to avoid using input boxes and self-prepared userforms,
    because they're time consuming, and because I'd like the form to adapt
    to the system language.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    baj
    Guest

    Re: Inputting month and year only

    Hi,

    Why not simply use two listboxes ?
    One for the months and one for the years ?

    Bye,
    Baj

  3. #3
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Inputting month and year only

    How about a Data Validation for the date cell. Set up as Date > 01/01/1900.
    Input message as "Enter Date as mm/yy", Error message as "Try Again!". Then
    format the cell itself as "mm/yy". The point here is to accept a Date Excel
    can recognize, Ask the user to input a certain way and give an error message
    if it is not a proper date. We do not force the user to enter mm/yy, just
    ask them to. Most people will do as asked. For those who don't, and enter
    dd/mm/yy or whatever, as long as it is a valid Date, it can be entered. The
    cell format of mm/yy will display it the way you asked for, anyway. Since we
    have not broken any of Excel's Date rules to achieve what we want, it should
    adapt well to most any language.

    Mike F

    news:[email protected]...