Pause macro user selection, then resume

  1. #1
    Linda
    Guest

    Pause macro user selection, then resume

    Hi All,

    I want to pause macros, which allow user to select a range that can not be
    predetermined or a set range each use, then resume macro. or allow data entry
    in unspecified range, then resume.

    Thanks.

    --
    Linda

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Pause macro user selection, then resume

    Macros don't pause... You can have one Macro run to completion and then based
    on the actions of the user initiate another macro to complete the task. You
    can you use the on change event or any number of other ways to accomplish
    what you need. If it is unclear how to do this post back with a few more
    details and some code for more assistance.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Jzz
    Guest

    Re: Pause macro user selection, then resume

    Hi Linda,
    I faced a simular problem, and I solved it with a loop which runs until
    the user makes an action (in this case until he or she selects
    something else). In the loop state: DoEvents. Then the macro runs in
    the background and the user can use Excel. My loop looks like this:

    Do Until a <> b Or g = 1
    DoEvents
    b = TypeName(Selection)
    Loop

    For me it is perfect; maybe if you change it is works for you too.

    Good Luck,

    Jzz