Internal links

  1. #1
    Job
    Guest

    Internal links

    Anyone written anything that will find all Internal links and paste special
    values? Because an internal link can be =C2 or =Sheet1!C2 I see you could
    look for the "!", but what about the other link =C2?

    Cheers,

    Job

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Internal links

    Job,

    Do you consider a formula like:

    =SUM(A1:A3)

    an internal link?

    Would converting all formulas to values work, or do you need to still have formulas work?

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Job
    Guest

    Re: Internal links

    That's the problem, I still need all formulas. I only need to paste the
    values where it's an actual link as mentiond before. Any sums or averages
    max min etc should be left alone.
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Internal links

    Job,

    Try the macro below on a copy of a sheet - as written, it will only operate on the activesheet, but
    it would be easy to loop through all sheets.

    Run the macro, and if any formulas come up in the msgbox that should have stayed formulas, post
    back. For longer term use, remove the msgbox lines.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    Sub RemoveLinksFromCellsButNotFormulas2()
    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim myAddress As String
    Dim myLink As Range

    For Each myCell In ActiveSheet.Cells. _
    SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas)
    myAddress = Replace(myCell.Formula, "=", "")
    On Error GoTo NotLink
    Set myLink = Range(myAddress)
    MsgBox "Removing link " & myCell.Formula & _
    " from cell " & myCell.Address
    myCell.Value = myCell.Value

    NotLink:
    Resume Done1