Move qualified data from one worksheet to another

  1. #1
    bstretch
    Guest

    Move qualified data from one worksheet to another

    How can I analyze data from one worksheet and if it qualifies based on a
    formula, move the customer name and other information to the next worksheet
    to further analyze.

    Example: Customer Qualification Process

    Worksheet 1 asks for volume, sales and to rate certain criteria. If the
    score meets a certain criteria, move that customer onto Worksheet 2 list as a
    prospect. Then as a prospect further data is asked for, tallied and if the
    score meets a set number, they become a target customer.

    Any help would be appreciated...

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Move qualified data from one worksheet to another

    Look at Data=>Filter then either autofilter or advanced filter. Advanced
    filter can copy to another location as part of the filtering action, but
    requires a separate criteria range. Advanced filter (probably using the
    custom filter for each dropdown in your subject columns) will filter in
    place. You can then select the data and copy to another location. Only the
    visible rows will be pasted.

    You can turn on the macro recorder and get the basic code for these it you
    perform then manually (with the recorder turned on).

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Move qualified data from one worksheet to another

    Hi Bstrech,

    Consider using the built in Advanced Filter feature, selecting the 'Copy to
    another location option. If the other location is to be another worksheet,
    the filter should be invoked from the target sheet.

    If you wish to automate this, turn on the macro recorder while you perform
    the required operations manually. This will provide you with base code which
    can be edited to provide general application.

    Should you encounter problems in editing such code, post back with details.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman