Calling a specific printer?

  1. #1
    Patrick Zirngast
    Guest

    Calling a specific printer?

    Hi all!

    My Question might seem simple on a first glance, but it isn't. (at least for
    me

    I made an input menu where the user can specify the pages to be printed and
    some other parameters. THis is then sent to a specific printer (e.g.
    "CutePDF Writer on CPW2:") which I specified in VBA as activeprinter.

    The problem now ist, that we use this Excel sheet on several different Pcs
    in our office - the printer is still the same but the "on CPWx:" part
    changes from on to another pc.
    I tried to leave it away, which gives me a nice error message.

    Is there any way to get a list of all printer registered on the system and
    then to select the one starting with "Cute*"?

    thanks for your help

    patrick

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Calling a specific printer?

    Why not just call up the printer dialog and let them select. Make it part of
    the procedures to select the one starting with "Cute".

    application.dialogs(xldialogprint).Show

    RP

    news:[email protected]...