Divide by a value in a varying cell address

  1. #1
    cottage6
    Guest

    Divide by a value in a varying cell address

    Hi all,
    Once again I need help, help, and more help! I have a spreadsheet which has
    "indicators" in Col. C, which could be 512, 513, 515, or 525. A store could
    have anywhere from all four to only one of the indicators, and each indicator
    has a corresponding amount. Indicator 910 is a total line with an amount.
    In Column G, each indicator should have a formula dividing the indicator
    amount by the total amount. Since I can't count on the fact the 910 total
    row will always be 4 rows from the 512 row, how can I create the macro so the
    indicator is being divided by the correct 910 total cell? I can do this with
    nested IFs, but I know there's a better way and I'd like to know so I can
    learn more. TIA, and for all the help so far.

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: Divide by a value in a varying cell address

    I want to help but I have no idea what you have, nor what you want to have.
    The explanation you give can be understood by only someone like you, i.e.
    someone who already knows what you are talking about.
    Please post back and explain what you have and what you want to do. Use
    generic terms for every parameter.
    HTH Otto
    news:[email protected]...