Choosing different cell values by user clicking a button

  1. #1

    Choosing different cell values by user clicking a button

    Hi,

    Right i have a worbook that has 6 tab sheets, these are named:

    On each tab sheet is an attendance register where a user can fill in which staff are absent, which are in and late and so on and so forth.

    i have a 7th tab sheet, on this tab sheet is a report which counts the amount of absences, in's, lates per staff member from the other 6 sheets. There are also 6 radio buttons,

    when a user clicks on one of these radio buttons it changes the values in the report to report on that year.

    Seeing as the report uses the same code for each year (the only thing that differs from code to code is the tab sheet of which the COUNTIF statements refference) i was wandering is there a way to set the year to say X and make X a variable and then depending on which radio button is selected would depend on which value X would be:

    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 or 2010

    So for example for one report the COUNTIF statement looks like this:

    and then for the 2006 tab it would look like:

    so they are the same apart from the refferenced tab sheet of which is the year. So instead of writing out this code 6 times over is there not a way to write it out once with a variable instead of the tab sheet and then depending on which radio button is pushed depends on what the variable is set to?

    If anyone could provide any code it would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Choosing different cell values by user clicking a button

    sStr "=(COUNTIF('ZZZZ'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "IN" & Chr(34) & ")) +
    (COUNTIF('ZZZZ'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "L" & Chr(34) & ")) +
    (COUNTIF('ZZZZ'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "OT" & Chr(34) & ")) +
    (COUNTIF('ZZZZ'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "BackIN" & Chr(34) & "))"

    Range("B5").Formula = Replace(sStr,"ZZZZ","2005")

    Tom Ogilvy

    "alymcmorland" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Hi,
    >
    > Right i have a worbook that has 6 tab sheets, these are named:
    >
    > 2005
    > 2006
    > 2007
    > 2008
    > 2009
    > 2010
    >
    > On each tab sheet is an attendance register where a user can fill in
    > which staff are absent, which are in and late and so on and so forth.
    >
    > i have a 7th tab sheet, on this tab sheet is a report which counts the
    > amount of absences, in's, lates per staff member from the other 6
    > sheets. There are also 6 radio buttons,
    >
    > 2005
    > 2006
    > 2007
    > 2008
    > 2009
    > 2010
    >
    > when a user clicks on one of these radio buttons it changes the values
    > in the report to report on that year.
    >
    > Seeing as the report uses the same code for each year (the only thing
    > that differs from code to code is the tab sheet of which the COUNTIF
    > statements refference) i was wandering is there a way to set the year
    > to say X and make X a variable and then depending on which radio button
    > is selected would depend on which value X would be:
    >
    > 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 or 2010
    >
    > So for example for one report the COUNTIF statement looks like this:
    >

    > Code:
    > --------------------
    >
    > Range("B5").Formula = "=(COUNTIF('2005'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "IN" &

    Chr(34) & ")) + (COUNTIF('2005'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "L" & Chr(34) & ")) +
    (COUNTIF('2005'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "OT" & Chr(34) & ")) +
    (COUNTIF('2005'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "BackIN" & Chr(34) & "))"

    > --------------------
    >

    > and then for the 2006 tab it would look like:
    >

    > Code:
    > --------------------
    >
    > Range("B5").Formula = "=(COUNTIF('2006'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "IN" &

    Chr(34) & ")) + (COUNTIF('2006'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "L" & Chr(34) & ")) +
    (COUNTIF('2006'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "OT" & Chr(34) & ")) +
    (COUNTIF('2006'!D6:D370," & Chr(34) & "BackIN" & Chr(34) & "))"

  3. #3
    Hi, if i want to choose a tab sheet by the date would i put something like:

    I know thats wrong above, could anyone correct my mistake(s)?!

  4. #4
    ole Michelsen
    Guest

    Re: Choosing different cell values by user clicking a button

    You have to concatenate

    Sub Macro_DropRef()
    z = Date
    na = "DropRef " & z
    Sheets(na).Select
    End Sub

    Ole Michelsen

    "alymcmorland" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    That returned the error of subscript out of range, and when i debugged it the highlighted line is:

    Sheets(na).Select

  6. #6
    Can you help with checking that error or maybe giving some idea as to why it would say that?