Can this be done? Type of lookup

  1. #1
    Kmagg
    Guest

    Can this be done? Type of lookup

    I have two worksheets:
    Name ID ABC DEF GHI
    Abe Lincoln AL
    John Hancock JK
    Mark Twain MT

    ID DED AMT
    AL ABC 4.5
    AL GHI 6.7
    JK DEF 4
    JK GHI 7
    MT ABC 4.5

    I would like to have Excel match the ID from the second spreadsheet and
    place the AMT in the correct column in the first spreadsheet. In other words,
    4.50 would appear in the ABC column on Abe Lincoln's line and 6.70 in the GHI
    column.

    Not all people have the same deductions, nor are they of the same amount. I
    do appreciate any advice anyone has.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Can this be done? Type of lookup

    Use a formula like

    =VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet!$A$1:$CO$20,3,True)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kmagg
    Guest

    Re: Can this be done? Type of lookup

    Thanks for the input, but I pasted that formula and received a #NA message.
    Where would I put the worksheet names and would I copy this formula to all of
    the columns (ABC, DEF, GHI, etc.)?