How do I Append excel data to a Access database table in a excel macro?

  1. #1
    Pete
    Guest

    How do I Append excel data to a Access database table in a excel macro?

    I would like to appended my excel data to a access database table. I
    can manualy do this but I need to programmatly do it. I also must
    avoid the message "you are about to append ??? records".
    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    quartz
    Guest

    RE: How do I Append excel data to a Access database table in a excel m

    Pete,

    The best way I have found (and the fastest - runs faster than ADO) is to
    copy the source data into an array, write this into a properly constructed
    CSV text file using sequential access (Open...For Append), then automate
    Access to exploit its TransferText method.

    Depending on how clean your source data in Excel is, this task is not all
    that easy, especially when appending since all of your columns and data types
    must be absolutely perfect.

    The method I described above comes from hundreds of different projects I
    have encountered over the years. And I have found through trial and error
    that the above described method is most reliable - i.e. works every time.

    HTH/