Selecting the first empty row

  1. #1

    Selecting the first empty row

    How do I select the first empty row in a worksheet?

    I'd like to copy a certain range form wksheet 1 and then past that range into the next available row in wksheet 2.

    Thanks!
    Weber

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Selecting the first empty row

    Hi Webba,

    Try something like:

    Dim srcRng As Range
    Dim destRng As Range

    Set srcRng = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A10:H15")

    Set destRng = Sheets("Sheet2"). _
    Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)(2)

    srcRng.Copy Destination:=destRng

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    "webba" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    KC Cheung
    Guest

    Re: Selecting the first empty row

    use Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A65536").End(xlUp) as destination will do

    --
    Regards
    KC Cheung

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Selecting the first empty row

    Hi KC,

    > use Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A65536").End(xlUp) as destination will do

    Two points:

    (1) Your suggestion returns the last populated cell in column A and would
    result in some of the OP's data being overwritten.

    (2) Suggesting the hardcoded 'Range("A65536").' rather than:

    >> Cells(Rows.Count, "A").

    does not strike me as an improvement. However, unless and untlil MS increase
    worksheet specifications, it is equivalent.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Awesome

    This is great!
    Thanks to both you guys!

  6. #6
    Would you know how to paste the range Transposed ?

    Thanks!

  7. #7
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Selecting the first empty row

    Hi Webba,

    Try something like:

    Dim srcRng As Range
    Dim destRng As Range

    Set srcRng = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A10:A15")

    Set destRng = Sheets("Sheet2"). _
    Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)(2)

    srcRng.Copy
    destRng.PasteSpecial , Transpose:=True

    ---

  8. #8
    That did the trick. Many thanks Norman!

  9. #9
    Hey guys!

    Back again..

    Now instead of choosing the first available row...

    I'd like to choose the first available row BEFORE the total column all the way on the bottom.

    Any help would be great.

    Thanks!