Custom Icon for an Excel File

  1. #1
    jpcmaddog
    Guest

    Custom Icon for an Excel File

    Hi there.

    I want to change the default Excel Icon for a single file. How would I do
    this?

    Thank you for your help in advance

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Custom Icon for an Excel File

    I don't think you can. If you create a shortcut to the file, you can select
    an icon for the shortcut.

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    jpcmaddog
    Guest

    Re: Custom Icon for an Excel File

    Hi Ian,

    I have done this already. I have also tried a couple of programs called
    "Icon Changers" and they work fine on a single computer. When you try to copy
    the file to another computer the change is lost. I have contacted
    manufactures to see what kind of help they can offer.

    Thank you for your help Ian.

  4. #4
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Custom Icon for an Excel File

    Windows will automatically assign the "correct" icon based on file
    extension, therefore when you move the file to another PC, any local change
    you have made is lost. I don't think you'll be able to do what you want.

    --
    Ian