Moving between a column's cells

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Moving between a column's cells

    Hi everybody,

    I have this code which works on startup of the book to move to the selected sheet:

    I want to edit it to appear when I select any cell in column D and press Enter >> and when I type the address of any cell in column D and Press OK >> it takes me to the cell I typed in the field.

    I hope my question is clear >>

    Thank you for all.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Moving between a column's cells

    If you type a cell address into the Name box, left of the formula bar, it
    takes you to that cell.

    RP

    "LoveCandle" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I have this code which works on startup of the book to move to the
    > selected sheet:
    >

    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    > Dim MySheets As Worksheet
    > Dim SheetsName As String
    > 1 SheetsName = Application.InputBox(prompt:="asdfsfd", Title:="sdfsd",

    Type:=2)

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Thank you for ur fast reply,

    I know how to use the name box feature .. but I want the code i delivered for some other reason.

    so, if you can help me in this case >> I would appreciate it for u

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    I have created a simple code to reach my goal >>

    but the code will be soooooooo long and it will be very tiring and time-wasting for me if I enter more than 300 number into it >>

    So my questions are:

    1- Is there any way to summarize the code and get the same target.
    2- When I enter a number in the InputBox's filed which is not available in column C >> I want to get a msgbox tells that the number is not available.

    I hope that my question is more obvious now.

    Thank you for all in advance
    Last edited by LoveCandle; 11-09-2005 at 12:37 AM.

  5. #5
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: Moving between a column's cells

    Not totally sure what you are trying to achieve but try getting rid of
    the case statement and using:

    If NoRoom > 150 Then
    Cells(CInt(NoRoom) - 147, 1).Select
    End If

    Hope this helps
    Rowan

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    Thank you for ur reply >> but that didn't work with me.

    Anyhow, In my main file I have four columns A B C and D in column A I have the custumer names >> I column B I have the Price >> In column C I have the romm number and in column D I have a special code for every custumer >> What I want is when I type any number greater than 0 in any cell in column D >> an inputbox appears to enter a room number available in column C >> and when I press OK it takes me to the custumer name cell in column A for the room number I type in the inputbox >> and when the room number is not available in column C >> it give me a msgbox tells that the number is not available.

    The code I deliverd is doing this job >> but it is soooo log for me >> I want a short one please.

    I hope that my question is clear now.

    Thank you for all
    Last edited by LoveCandle; 11-09-2005 at 11:57 AM.

  7. #7
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: Moving between a column's cells

    Does this mean that if the room number is in column C it is available
    and if it is not found it is unavailable? If so then try:

    Dim RoomNo As String
    Dim fndRoom As Range
    If Target.Count = 1 And Target.Column = 4 Then
    If Target.Value > 0 Then
    RoomNo = InputBox("Enter the room number in the field")
    With Columns(3)
    Set fndRoom = .Find(RoomNo)
    End With
    If Not fndRoom Is Nothing Then
    fndRoom.Offset(0, -2).Select
    Else
    MsgBox "Room not available"

    Hope this helps
    Rowan

  8. #8
    Forum Contributor
    Thank you sooo much Rowan for your fast and useful help >> That is really what I want.

  9. #9
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: Moving between a column's cells