vba code protection

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    vba code protection

    In an addin, I am wondering if the following procedure would give good
    security to the VBA macro code:

    1. strong password
    2. If Not ThisWorkbook.IsAddin Then ThisWorkbook.Close SaveChanges: = False

    If this is not secure, perhaps there is a way to do the same thing if anyone
    uses the correct password.

    Anyone have an opinion --- suggestion??

  2. #2

    Re: vba code protection

    Project passwords can be removed without using excel.

    Event procedures can be turned off at will.

    I don't think that there is a way to really protect your Addin if you write in
    in VBA.