Make worksheets transparent

  1. #1
    spIky haIred
    Guest

    Make worksheets transparent

    Hi all,

    I am trying to make the worksheets in Excel
    semi-transparent/transparent... so that if I am in Sheet1, I will be
    able to see data in Sheet2. Is this possible at all? and if so can
    someone lead me in the right direction...

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Peter T
    Guest

    Re: Make worksheets transparent

    You can't make a worksheet transparent but you may be able to achieve your
    objective with the Camera tool.

    Select area in a sheet you want to see on another sheet and Copy

    Move to the other sheet. Hold Shift and select Edit from the main menu,
    Paste Picture Link. There's a limit to the size of area, so not the entire
    sheet.

    This is not the same as taking a picture of an area (Shift-Edit, Copy
    Picture).

    Regards,
    Peter T

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    spIky haIred
    Guest

    Re: Make worksheets transparent

    Hi Peter,

    I tried your solution and it does work to some extent the way I want it
    to work however when I fill a cell in with a colour it doesn't appear
    transparent anymore when I execute Paste Picture Link. Any other ideas?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Peter T
    Guest

    Re: Make worksheets transparent

    Nothing is impossible but a direct solution to what you want comes pretty
    close. Any interior cell format will also hide the gridlines under the cell
    on it's own sheet.

    The only easy workaround I can think of is to put coloured rectangles sized
    to cells and formatted to say 50% transparent, instead of cell interior
    format. Should give something transparent on both the original sheet &
    linked picture sheet, but not nice.