Possible to reference column of named range in array formula?

  1. #1
    Kel Good
    Guest

    Possible to reference column of named range in array formula?

    If I have an array formula something like this:

    =SUM(1*(BA20<$BA$19:$BA$755))

    Is there a way to obtain a reference to a specific column in a named range
    and use that instead of hardcoding the column range? I'm thinking of
    something like this (which I know is wrong but should illustrate what I'm
    trying to do):

    =SUM(1*(BA20<NamedRange.Column(3)))

    Is this sort of thing doable?

    Thanks.

    Kel Good
    MCT, MCAD, MCSD for Microsoft.NET

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Possible to reference column of named range in array formula?

    You could try something like

    OFFSET(teams,0,2,,1)

    which gets the third column by virtue of the 2

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peter Huang [MSFT]
    Guest

    RE: Possible to reference column of named range in array formula?

    Hi Kel,

    Did Bob's suggestion help you?
    If you still have any concern, please feel free to post here.

    Best regards,

    Peter Huang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Possible to reference column of named range in array formula?

    Peter,

    I got an offline mailing from Kel saying that it looked good.

    Regards

    Bob

    ""Peter Huang" [MSFT]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:s%[email protected]...
    > Hi Kel,
    >
    > Did Bob's suggestion help you?
    > If you still have any concern, please feel free to post here.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Peter Huang
    > Microsoft Online Partner Support

    rights.

  5. #5
    Peter Huang [MSFT]
    Guest

    Re: Possible to reference column of named range in array formula?

    Hi Bob,

    Thanks for your response.