programatically change the data source of Pivots

  1. #1
    Help me
    Guest

    programatically change the data source of Pivots

    Hi there

    I was just wondering whether it is possible to refresh or relink the data
    source of a pivot table programatically?

    Example - Sheet 1 has 1 pivot table source: c:\mydb.mdb
    Can i write some code to change the datasource of
    Sheet 1 pivot table to h:\new location\sub folder\another sub\on a diff
    drive\mydb.mdb

    cheers

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: programatically change the data source of Pivots

    see the macro at the bottom of article written by Harald Staff
    Introduction To Pivot Tables

    You can find additional information on Pivot Tables on Debra Dalgleish's site
    I think there is also a macro there to update Pivot Tables.
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

    ---
    HTH,