Can we use the mouse wheel in the VBA module editors?

  1. #1
    Stefano Gatto
    Guest

    Can we use the mouse wheel in the VBA module editors?

    I am not sure whether this is my system or the Visual Basic Environment in
    Excel, but I never could use the mouse wheel to scroll through VBA subs and
    functions...

    All the rest of the applications installed on my PC are reactive to the
    mouse wheel events. My system is WinXP.

    Can someone confirm to me either of the 2 possibilities I mention above?

    Thank you and have a nice day.

    Stefano Gatto
    Geneva

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Can we use the mouse wheel in the VBA module editors?

    Hi Stefano,

    It is a problem with the Version 5 Microsoft Intellimouse drivers.

    Either revert to Version 4 or use a third party driver product, for example,
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html .

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Can we use the mouse wheel in the VBA module editors?

    This is a nice way to use the wheel in VB Editor:
    http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.htm

    Mike F

  4. #4
    Stefano Gatto
    Guest

    Re: Can we use the mouse wheel in the VBA module editors?

    Thanks Bob,

    I wasn't sure how another driver would interfere with the rest of my system
    (IT staff recommend and forbids not to change anything like that on the PC in
    the office...), so I prefered to use Mike's solution below, which seems to
    work well.
    Note I not sure either how VBScroll is compatible with my system, but I did
    not want to uninstall my driver, which is Synaptics ver 7.5.18.1, by the way.

    Stefano Gatto

  5. #5
    Stefano Gatto
    Guest

    Re: Can we use the mouse wheel in the VBA module editors?

    I downloaded and installed this program. It works perfectly (for the time
    being).

    Thank you for your help.

    Stefano Gatto