Splitting data into columns

  1. #1
    Jamie
    Guest

    Splitting data into columns

    Hi There

    I am using the code below to import data from an outlook email into a
    spreadsheet. My problem is that all the data gets put into the first column
    and each line is seperated by a square box.

    Is it possible to either get each line put into a different column or to
    write a further macro to split the data up?

    Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

    Jamie

    Macro:

    Sub GetFromInbox()

    Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim olNs As NameSpace
    Dim Fldr As MAPIFolder
    Dim olMail As Variant
    Dim i As Integer

    Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
    Set olNs = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    Set Fldr = olNs.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
    i = 1

    For Each olMail In Fldr.Items
    If InStr(olMail.Subject, "requestxz") > 0 Then

    ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 1).Value = olMail.body
    i = i + 1
    End If
    Next olMail

    Set Fldr = Nothing
    Set olNs = Nothing
    Set olApp = Nothing

    End Sub

  2. #2
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: Splitting data into columns

    didn't test it, but did you try reversing the cells(i,1) to cells(1,i), or
    whatever row number you want to start in?

    --

    Gary

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jamie
    Guest

    Re: Splitting data into columns

    Cheers for the reply.

    I just tried that but it made no difference.

    Any other ideas??