[SOLVED] Removing textbox padding, how to please, Excel 2000/2003

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Removing textbox padding, how to please, Excel 2000/2003

    Hi! I have an Excel 2003 file with multiple textboxes placed directly onto
    the sheet. I noticed that when I click or tab to any of the textboxes, the
    cursor is not placed directly to the left edge. It seems to me that it's off
    1-2 characters to the right like the textbox is padded. Is there a way to get
    rid off such "padding" ?
    I can not seem to figure out how to.

    Please help.

    Many Thanks in Advance,

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello Mike,

    It isn't padded. What you see is the Selection Margin. Clicking in that space will select all the text. To turn it off, set the SelectionMargin property to False.

    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

  3. #3
    Jake Marx
    Guest

    Re: Removing textbox padding, how to please, Excel 2000/2003

    Mike,

    Mike wrote:
    > Hi! I have an Excel 2003 file with multiple textboxes placed directly
    > onto the sheet. I noticed that when I click or tab to any of the
    > textboxes, the cursor is not placed directly to the left edge. It
    > seems to me that it's off 1-2 characters to the right like the
    > textbox is padded. Is there a way to get rid off such "padding" ?
    > I can not seem to figure out how to.

    If these are ActiveX controls, you can set the SelectionMargin property to
    False.

    Jake Marx
    www.longhead.com