Pivot Table Question.

  1. #1

    Pivot Table Question.

    Hello,
    Is it possible to use formulas when creating calculated fields for
    pivot tables? for example, if I have an existing field in the pivot
    table called commissions can i create a new field using a calculated
    field that flags all commissions over 4 with a 1 and all commissions
    below 4 with a 0? How would I write this formula?

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table Question.

    Personally i avoid calculated fields and formulas like the plague if i can,
    as in a number of my larger pivot tables they tend to crash them and hang my
    Excel. I do put an awful lot of calculated fields in the source data
    though, and these can be used exactly the same as any other field, so if for
    example you actually have a field called commissions that has values below
    and above 4, then simply add a helper column to the source data with a
    formula such as:-

    =--(A2>=4) and copy down.

    I assume you meant greater than or equal to, else 4 doesn't get catered for.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...