Removing Conditional Formatting

  1. #1
    JudithJubilee
    Guest

    Removing Conditional Formatting

    Hello All,

    I have lovingly conditionally formatted all the columns in a spreadsheet
    (with background colours) and now need to be able to override this in some
    cells (with a different background colour).

    I know I can highlight + Cond Formatting + Delete 1,2 & 3 and then choose my
    colour but obviously there must be a quicker way...

    I tried to record a macro using the steps above but it only recorded the
    choosing a colour at the end not the deletion of the Cond formats, so no help.

    I thought there might be some code that would delete all Cond formatting?

    All help gratefully received.

    Judith

  2. #2
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: Removing Conditional Formatting

    try something like:

    selection.formatconditions.delete

    hope this helps
    Rowan

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Removing Conditional Formatting

    Hi Judith

    You can use this
    Range("A1:A10").FormatConditions.Delete

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JudithJubilee
    Guest

    Re: Removing Conditional Formatting

    Thanks guys both of these worked....

    But I now have a related problem. If I have all Cond formatting based on
    other columns I can sort by any column and the colours move with the cells.
    All good so far.

    When I remove the Cond format and add the colour myself, if I sort the
    colour doesn't move with the cell. The cell re Cond formats itself.

    I need the colour to stay with the cell if that's possible??

    Thanks again
    Judith