Changing Cell Values

  1. #1
    RD Wirr
    Guest

    Changing Cell Values

    I have a spreadsheet with some non-contiguous cells that have dropdown
    validation lists. I am trying to make a VBA routine to reset all these cells
    to a default value. The cells are all part of a named range "Fablist" for
    easy selection but I am having trouble finding the method to set the value in
    all these cells to a specific fixed value "Choose Fab". This value is also in
    the validation list. Can anyone give me a simple way to set these values?
    Thanks in advance,
    RD Wirr

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Changing Cell Values

    Dim FabCell as Range

    For Each FabCell in Range("Fablist").Cells
    FabCell.Value = "Choose Fab"
    Next FabCell

    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3
    RD Wirr
    Guest

    RE: Changing Cell Values

    Hello K Dales,
    Thanks for your help. I tried this routine you gave me stand alone (with
    EndSub appended) but it generates an error>
    Run-time error '1004':
    Method 'Range' of object '_Global' failed

    Do you have an idea of how to get around this?

    Thanks again for your help
    RD Wirr

  4. #4
    RD Wirr
    Guest

    RE: Changing Cell Values

    Oops! Sorry for the last posting. I figured it out...an error in my spelling.
    Works like a charm now.
    Thanks again,
    RD Wirr