[SOLVED] How do I remove repeating rows automatically in excel?

  1. #1

    [SOLVED] How do I remove repeating rows automatically in excel?

    Dear All Excel Macro programmers

    I need help on this: Let's say I have 5 row, each row with 3 columns:

    kam POP 5
    seng SOR 4
    seng APDS 5
    kam DS 6
    kam MAM 4
    boon PROJ 2
    boon ENG 2
    kam RAD 2

    I want to produce data whose rows start with "kam", i.e.,

    kam POP 5
    kam DS 6
    kam MAM 4
    kam RAD 2

    Note: no blank rows are produced, also I don't want to manually delete
    any rows.

    If I want to produce data whose rows start with "seng", then I should
    get:

    seng SOR 4
    seng APDS 5

    Is there any macro, program or excel function that can do what I want?

    Thanks if you know the answer.
    Frankie Kam
    Coordinator SOCS Stamford College Malacca
    Malaysia
    15th November 2005

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: How do I remove repeating rows automatically in excel?

    Hi Frankie,

    Look at Excel's built in Autofilter and Advanced filter features.

    If you are nit familiar with these, see Debra Dalgleish's tutorials at:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

    and

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

    ---