[SOLVED] Workbook closed by VBA not Closing Properly

  1. #1
    blayne
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Workbook closed by VBA not Closing Properly

    I am stumped by this problem!
    I have written code to open an excel workbook
    modify information through a user form
    close the work book
    then rename the folder the workbook is in

    everything works fine Untill renaming the folder then I get I get error 75
    (path/file access error).
    I have tried to manualy renaming the folder and get a Windows Sharing Error
    therefore I think the file is not closing proprerly
    If I close Excel I can rename the folder immediatly
    Can ANYONE explain what has happend & how to fix it?

    --
    Fuzzy logix

  2. #2
    JNW
    Guest

    RE: Workbook closed by VBA not Closing Properly

    You can't rename the folder that contains an open workbook. It changest the
    files path, which cannot be done in Windows. You could use another workbook
    to open the other file, change it, close it, and rename the folder.

  3. #3
    An option around this problem is to create the new folder first and then save the workbook into the created folder.