Crop Text to Col Width

  1. #1

    Crop Text to Col Width

    I have just started to learn about using VB to make macros for excel
    and would like a pointer. I need to export a space delimited text file
    that has more than 256 chars per line which means I can't use excel to
    export as .prn file. So the microsoft site has a macro for this at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q131554/. The problem is, that the
    macro errors out if any columns have more text chars than the set col
    width. So, I was wondering, how would you make a macro that would
    simply crop the text in each column to the col width? There are abot
    30 columns with all difference widths, and I would just like to cut the
    text in them to the col width. For learning purposes, I would like to
    see a seperate macro that would just do this, however it would also be
    really cool to see this inserted into the microsoft macro.

    Thanks for any ideas,
    Andrew V. Romero

  2. #2

    Re: Crop Text to Col Width