Get the total sum from various files

  1. #1
    LLOYS
    Guest

    Get the total sum from various files

    Hi to everyone,

    I think that my demand it's probably very known, but I've look everywhere on
    Internet and I could not find a solution for this problem so I'll appreciate
    any help.

    Every day I save a Excel file with the date of the day like 16.11.2005.xls,
    17.11.2005.xls and so on with texts and numbers on the cell's. I would like
    to create a unique Excel file that could read every excel "day" file on the
    folder and eventually on subfolders to get the total number on a new excel
    file.

    Example : on the file 16.11.2005.xls, cell A2 there is a total number of 250
    and on the file 17.11.2005.xls, cell A2 there is a total number of 300

    On the file that I would like to create "GlobalAmountForThisMonth.xls", the
    total sum of every day should be 550 on cell A2.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Get the total sum from various files

    You can run a macro like this to make the links
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

    Or if you only want the values
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    LLOYS
    Guest

    Re: Get the total sum from various files

    Hi Ron,
    thank you for your great help.

    LLOYS

    [email protected]...