Toggling between a macro running a "Form" and Excel

  1. #1
    ecpl_3
    Guest

    Toggling between a macro running a "Form" and Excel

    I am reposting my question to see if anybody can tell me if it is possible to
    toggle between a macro running a "Form" and Excel. The comments below are
    from my previous post.

    thanks

    Toggling between the VB window and the xl spread sheet is not a problem.
    When my vb code launches a "Form"--which manipulates the xl spreadsheet, I
    can not toggle between the "Form" and the xl sheet. I would like to manually
    manipulate the xl sheet w/o exiting from the "Form".

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Toggling between a macro running a "Form" and Excel

    The ShowModal property of a form determines if it takes focus until it is
    closed or if you can toggle between it and other windows. Set the UserForm's
    ShowModal property to False and I think you will be able to do what you want.
    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Toggling between a macro running a "Form" and Excel

    If using Excel 2000 or later

    Userform1.Show vbModeless

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    sebastienm
    Guest

    RE: Toggling between a macro running a "Form" and Excel

    Hi,

    Starting with XL2k(and above) a userform can be displayed in 2 modes:
    - modal: default - the form must be hidden/closed to click/use the parent
    window (here, excel window).
    - modeless: you can switch between the parent window and the form.

    Note1: Prior to xl2k, a userform could only be displayed in modal mode.

    Note2: using code, you can either do
    Userform1.Show vbModal 'to display in modal mode (default)
    or
    Userform1.Show vbModeless 'to display in modeless mode

    Sébastien
    <http://www.ondemandanalysis.com>

  5. #5
    ecpl_3
    Guest

    RE: Toggling between a macro running a "Form" and Excel

    Thanks
    This solves my problem of quitingb out of the macro ever time I need to
    something manually

  6. #6
    Many thanks.
    Precious info to me