Forms menu button question

  1. #1
    David
    Guest

    Forms menu button question

    Greetings and TIA for your time
    I am using forms menu butons on Chart sheets to fire macros. All is well
    until the user groups these sheets and then tries to press the button -
    nothing happens, no macro is fired. I would like to message the user "please
    ungroup sheets before pressing this button"
    I've thought of including the message in the button text but this seems a
    bit clumsy. Is there a better solution?
    --
    David

  2. #2

    Re: Forms menu button question

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme06()
    If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count > 1 Then
    MsgBox "nope, nope, nope"
    Exit Sub

  3. #3
    David
    Guest

    Re: Forms menu button question

    Dave,
    Thanks for your response
    I,m still left with the same problem though...
    My user is free to navigate around the workbook, print off a group of sheets
    etc. When he has a group of sheets selected and then attempts to press a
    button on a chart sheet, no macro will fire (buttons on chart sheets appear
    to be dead when sheet is grouped) I need to tell him at that point for that
    particular scenario only, that he needs to ungroup sheets before pressing the
    button

  4. #4

    Re: Forms menu button question

    I created a multi-sheet workbook. I put a button from the forms toolbar on a
    chart sheet. I assigned it my test macro.

    I grouped a bunch of sheets with that chart sheet active. I pushed that button
    and got "nope, nope, nope" back.

    I used xl2003--if you used something else, maybe someone can test it. (I would
    still expect it to work fine, though.)