VBA is odd function

  1. #1
    Robert Dieckmann
    Guest

    VBA is odd function

    Is there a function in VBA that is equivalent to the isodd function in
    Excel? If one of my text values is odd I need to print a certain range, if
    even another range. I am using Excel 2000.
    Bob

  2. #2
    Dyl
    Guest

    Re: VBA is odd function

    You could use the mod operator which finds the remainder. So if a
    number is divided by 2 and the remainder is 1, then it is odd. If a
    number is divided by 2 and the remainder is 0, then it is even.

    Try this:

    Temp = Val("Text") <--Put text in number format

    If Temp Mod 2 = 1 Then <--Odd

    Else '<---Even

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: VBA is odd function

    Hi Bob,

    If n Mod 2 = 1 Then
    ' n is odd

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Robert Dieckmann
    Guest

    Re: VBA is odd function

    I am still having some trouble implementing this.

    I use a text box on a form to enter a value into the spreadsheet using the
    control source- txtHt.value = 25 for example.

    the following code prints out A53:AI104 like I want it to.

    If chkBld.Value = True Then
    Odd = Val("25")
    If Odd Mod 2 = 1 Then
    Sheets("Buildup").Select
    Range("A53:AI104").Select
    Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
    Else
    Sheets("Buildup").Select
    Range("A1:AI52").Select
    Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

    These always print out A1:AI52 (the rest of the code being the same)
    Odd = Val(txtHt)
    Odd = Val("txtHt")

    These give me an object required error
    Odd = Val(txtHt.Value)
    Odd = txtHt.Value

    What I am I missing?
    Bob

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    John Coleman
    Guest

    Re: VBA is odd function

    Robert Dieckmann wrote:
    > I am still having some trouble implementing this.
    >
    > I use a text box on a form to enter a value into the spreadsheet using the
    > control source- txtHt.value = 25 for example.
    >
    > the following code prints out A53:AI104 like I want it to.
    >
    > If chkBld.Value = True Then
    > Odd = Val("25")
    > If Odd Mod 2 = 1 Then
    > Sheets("Buildup").Select
    > Range("A53:AI104").Select
    > Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
    > Else
    > Sheets("Buildup").Select
    > Range("A1:AI52").Select
    > Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
    > End If
    > End If
    >
    > These always print out A1:AI52 (the rest of the code being the same)
    > Odd = Val(txtHt)
    > Odd = Val("txtHt")
    >
    > These give me an object required error
    > Odd = Val(txtHt.Value)
    > Odd = txtHt.Value
    >
    > What I am I missing?
    > Bob

    Hi,

    The only way I can figure out how you are getting an "object required"
    error at the line Odd = Val(txtHt.Value) is if you are not using option
    explicit and if you have mistyped the name of the textbox. Check the
    name in the properties of the textbox. Val wouldn't throw such an error
    but txtHt.value might.

    Hope that helps

    -John Coleman

    -John Coleman