Accessing same cell in multiple worksbooks

  1. #1
    Gopi
    Guest

    Accessing same cell in multiple worksbooks

    Hi,

    I am currentl yworking on something like a feedback from. The form is
    devised in Excel and the answers have been given in a Drop Down list. SO, the
    person giving feedback needs to select only 'Yes', 'No', or 'N/A'. Now I have
    1000's of tehse sheets in batches of 40 from each region.

    I need to collate a summary for each region. Is there a way by which I can
    acess these worksheets region wise and collect (sum up) the 'Yes', 'No' and
    'N/A' for each region. These are in cell 'I10' in all the sheets.

    Also, each region has 'n' number of feedback forms where 'n' is not known.
    Can we stil lcollate a summary?

    Any help in this issue wil lbe deeply appreciated.

    Thanks in anticipation of all your help.

    Regards
    Gopi

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Accessing same cell in multiple worksbooks

    Gopi,

    Copy the macro below into a blank workbook, then, when you run it, select the files that you want to
    summarize when prompted.

    This assumes that all the sheets have the same name, and that the activesheet of any of the
    workbooks will be the sheet of interest. Of course, if that is wrong, you can easily change that
    part of the code.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    Sub CreateLinksToMulitpleFiles()
    Dim MyFormula As String
    Dim myCount As Long
    Dim LookIn As String
    Dim FileArray As Variant
    Dim myShtName As String
    Dim i As Integer

    myCount = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2).Row
    FileArray = Application.GetOpenFilename(MultiSelect:=True)

    If IsArray(FileArray) Then
    Workbooks.Open FileArray(LBound(FileArray))
    LookIn = ActiveWorkbook.Path
    myShtName = ActiveSheet.Name
    ActiveWorkbook.Close False
    For i = LBound(FileArray) To UBound(FileArray)
    'Generate myFormula through string manipulation
    MyFormula = "='" & LookIn & "\[" & _
    Replace(FileArray(i), LookIn & "\", "") _
    & "]" & myShtName & "'!I10"
    'Set cell formula
    Cells(myCount, 1).Formula = MyFormula
    myCount = myCount + 1