Can I identify a number from text in a list?

  1. #1
    Ron
    Guest

    Can I identify a number from text in a list?

    Hi all,

    How can I identify what is a number and what is text & number in a list?

    I have a long list of values like so..

    t4
    f0
    c6
    a6
    14
    n5
    t5
    t6
    12
    e6
    e8
    a1
    e1
    12
    e8

    As the list is populated the numbers end up to the right of the cell,
    obviously being identified as numbers by excel. I want to differentiate
    between these numbers and the number & text values in the other cells.

    Could someone point me to a method please?

    Ron

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Can I identify a number from text in a list?

    Use the ISNUMBER() function

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron
    Guest

    Re: Can I identify a number from text in a list?

    Niek,

    Thankyou, just what I needed.

    Ron

    "Niek Otten" <[email protected]> wrote in news:u7WnwNp8FHA.3200
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: