NEWBIE QUESTION

  1. #1
    john cornell
    Guest

    NEWBIE QUESTION

    I have a list of scores (10)from golfers I want to pick the three best
    scores. Each golfer has a row. After I get the three scores I can apply the
    GHIN system to come up with a handicap. Is there a way to have a program
    pick the three best for each golfer or do I have to do it manually?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: NEWBIE QUESTION

    Look at the LARGE() function

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: NEWBIE QUESTION

    use the small function

    or bernie helped me with this a year ago. this takes the best 3 out of the
    last 5 scores. the scores for this particular person are in b9:t9

    =IF(ISBLANK(E9),"",AVERAGE(SMALL(IF(OFFSET(B9:T9,0,MATCH(1E+300,B9:T9)-5,1,5)=0,MAX(B9:T9),OFFSET(B9:T9,0,MATCH(1E+300,B9:T9)-5,1,5)),{1,2,3})))

    --

    Gary

  4. #4
    john cornell
    Guest

    Re: NEWBIE QUESTION

    the Large() did not solve the problem

  5. #5
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: NEWBIE QUESTION

    i have a workbook i can send if you want to see what my brother uses

    --

    Gary

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: NEWBIE QUESTION

    john

    =SUM(SMALL(A1:A10,{1,2,3}))

    array formula so enter with CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER

    returns the sum of the 3 smallest scores

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP