PDF TYPE DOC INTO EXCEL

  1. #1
    BillyRogers
    Guest

    PDF TYPE DOC INTO EXCEL

    We use a program called PCCharge to process our credit card orders and to
    view reports on the cc transactions. Everyday I print out the report and
    compare each transaction to look for duplicate cc numbers. I know how to
    search for duplicates in excel, but I can't get the data into excel.

    The reports don't allow copy and past, similar to a pdf file. Is there
    anyway around this?

    Thanks,
    Billy Rogers

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: PDF TYPE DOC INTO EXCEL

    Billy,
    Are the reports in GhostScript? Similar to PDF but free.
    If so, you may be able to get the text with:
    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/get46.htm

    which says it can "Extract text or search for text".

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dave B
    Guest

    Re: PDF TYPE DOC INTO EXCEL

    I use ABBYY's ScanToOffice Utility (49.99) and it works great for me.
    http://www.abbyy.com/scantooffice/