What has changed?

  1. #1
    Jack
    Guest

    What has changed?

    I am using the excell 10 lib from MS Access to reference excel worksheets.
    My code, which worked in previous incarnations, now falls over! The lib no
    longer recognises CELL or CELLS, any clues?

    Dim objXL As Object ' Variable to hold reference to Microsoft Excel.
    Dim wkbXLBook As Excel.Workbook
    Dim wksSheet As Excel.Worksheet
    Dim ExcelWasNotRunning As Boolean ' Flag for final release.
    Dim r As Excel.Range

    Dim cl As Cell *This no longer compiles / works*

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: What has changed?

    Cell is not anj object, and you should properly qualify it perhaps

    Dim objXL As Excel.Application
    Dim wkbXLBook As Excel.Workbook
    Dim wksSheet As Excel.Worksheet
    Dim ExcelWasNotRunning As Boolean .
    Dim r As Excel.Range

    Dim cl As Excel.Range

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: What has changed?

    > Dim cl As Cell *This no longer compiles / works*

    There is no object in Excel named "Cell". Use "Range" instead.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

  4. #4
    Jack
    Guest

    Re: What has changed?

    Thanks guys, never thought of applying a single cell range as a pointer to an
    individual cell ie (a1:a1) was too busy looking for reasons why something
    that worked in a previous incarnation failed!

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: What has changed?

    I fail to see how it could have worked in a previous incarnation, cell is
    not a object data type.