Macro sends Excel file by Outlook - works in debug - not realtime

  1. #1
    DJL
    Guest

    Macro sends Excel file by Outlook - works in debug - not realtime

    I have written a macro for Excel that distributes the active workbook to
    predefined Outlook recipients. It works fine as I step through it in the
    debugger. Excel quits responding when the macro is executed from from the
    spreadsheet. I suspect it is getting hung up on the prompt from Outlook
    requesting permission to send email on user's behalf. How can I fix this
    without defeating security features?

    Windows XP sp1
    Visual Basic 6.3
    Excel 2003 SP1
    Outlook 2003

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Macro sends Excel file by Outlook - works in debug - not realtime

    Hi DJL

    Do you have the same problem if you change number 4 on this page
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Prabha
    Guest

    Re: Macro sends Excel file by Outlook - works in debug - not realt

    Dear Ron (I beg your pardon DJL!!),
    If I may, is there a way of inserting more than 2 lines (a long text) in the
    body of an e-mail?
    i.e.
    "Dear xyz,
    Please find attached blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, .......
    This attachment gives detailed information on blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
    Should you have any question blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
    Best regards,
    x2dmp"

    Prabha

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Macro sends Excel file by Outlook - works in debug - not realt

    Hi Prabha

    You can send the selection or sheet as html or this
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/smallmessage.htm

    See my SendMail page for more examples
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  5. #5
    Prabha
    Guest

    Re: Macro sends Excel file by Outlook - works in debug - not realt

    That was perfect. Many thanks for your valued advise and of course, sorry
    for the delay in responding!
    Prabha