Controllling Display Updating

  1. #1

    Controllling Display Updating

    I have a short macro that performs a columns.autofit for a range of columns. When it executes, the window "blinks" as Excel selects the columns, resizes and returns to the active cell before the procedure executed.

    I've tried surrounding the autofit code with both Application.ScreenUpdating (false then true) and Application.Calculation (.xlCalculationManual then .xlCalculationAutomatic). Neither does the trick. Is there another way?

    Thanks,

    - Al

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Controllling Display Updating

    Just a guess but are you toggling screen updating on and off multiple times
    in the same thread of execution. What I mean is Your main procedure turns
    screen updating off and on, but it calls a sub that also turns it off and on.
    Each time it is turned on there will be a blink. The only place you want to
    turn it off and on is in your main calling procedure.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3

    Well, shoot me!

    I exited Excel and reopened it and Application.ScreenUpdating works just fine.

    - Al

  4. #4

    Only Used Updating in One Procedure

    Thanks for your reply, Jim.

    I am only toggling the screen updating in one module. So, given my previous reply, I must have done something to cause he screen updating not to work.

    - Al