How to Disable the Design mode of EXcel Sheet....

  1. #1

    How to Disable the Design mode of EXcel Sheet....

    Hi,
    I am new to Excel VBA. I have a Excel form on which i am having VB buttons. I want to disable the Design mode which will be used to view the script written for that button. I know how to Protect the script using script editor.But my need is...

    1. I want to change the cursor to Hand sympol when the cursor is over that command button.
    2. And if the user selects the design mode in the toolbar ,and double clicks the button , opens the vb script editor. i want this to be hidden. i want to run the code when the user clicks the button.

    How to do this. Thanks in advance.

    Regards
    Raj

  2. #2
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: How to Disable the Design mode of EXcel Sheet....

    An alternative:

    Assuming that this is not same as when you say "I know how to protect", in
    the VBE, right click on the VB project and select VBAProject Properties. Go
    to Protetion tab, and set a password. This will prevent the user from
    accessing the code.

    Mangesh

    "rajendran" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Hi, Mangesh

    Actually i Know this only. Please tell me some other soln. thanks

    Raj

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to Disable the Design mode of EXcel Sheet....

    If you don't protect the code, users can get at it (actually they can even
    if you do protect it), so any other solution is pretty meaningless.

    RP

  5. #5
    Thanks Bop.I know to protect the code. but my question is

    How to make the workbook button like the one available in this http://www.andypope.info/vba/progressmeters.zip. When we open this workbook when place our cursor over the button it has been changed to Hand Sympol.And also if i select the design mode and click the button , it wont allow me to go the design mode(ie scripting). it is executing the code. i want to how to do this.

    Thanks
    Raj

  6. #6
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How to Disable the Design mode of EXcel Sheet....

    Hi,

    That button is from the Forms toolbar rather than the Control toolbox
    toolbar. It does not stop you from going into Design mode it's just that
    Design mode has no effect on this type of button. It will also not stop
    the user from going to the vb editor. Just try ATL+F11

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  7. #7
    Andy,

    Thanks for your help.
    But i am very new to Excel VBA.I could not find where that form toolbars button . can you please tell me the steps to do.

    thanks
    Raj