vlookup in combobox

  1. #1
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    vlookup in combobox

    combobox change event:

    can someone tell me the syntax to do a vlookup of one combobox in a range on
    a sheet and populate another combobox or textbox in that same form?

    or is there another way to do this?

    --

    Gary

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: vlookup in combobox

    Hi Gary,

    See xlDynamic's Dependent Dropdowns page:

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: vlookup in combobox

    isn't there something simple like this?
    Application.Evaluate("=VLookup(userform1.Acct1, acctnum, 1, False)")

    --

    Gary

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: vlookup in combobox

    this seems to work for my needs

    p1 = Me.Acct1.Value
    Me.Player1.Value = Application.Evaluate("=VLookup(" & p1 & ", acctnum, 2,
    False)")

  5. #5
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: vlookup in combobox

    Hi Gary,

    If your intention is to load a combobox depending on the vlaue of another
    combobox, then I would again advocate that you look at the techniques
    described by Bob Phillips at the suggested link.

    I have frequently adopted similar approaches without problem. Perhaps,
    however, I have misunderstood what you are endeavouring to do.

    ---

  6. #6
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: vlookup in combobox

    norman:

    sorry if it was unclear, just wanted to lookup a name from an account
    number that was entered into a combobox. the acct number are on a separate
    sheet in columns a and b.

    my posted code seems to work fine

  7. #7
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: vlookup in combobox

    Hi Gary,

    Thank you for the additional explanation.

    ---