Excel Solver is not retaining correct constraints when solving

  1. #1
    GottaGetItRight
    Guest

    Excel Solver is not retaining correct constraints when solving

    Am using excel and visual basic to create a program to optimize a vehicle
    routing problem. I can not get my model just right, so I have left out of VB
    and am trying to fix my model. I am using Excel Solver Add-in for this, and I
    noticed that after I attempt to have it solve the problem, the constraints
    have changed.

    PLease help....

  2. #2
    sebastienm
    Guest

    RE: Excel Solver is not retaining correct constraints when solving

    Hi,

    Just to make sure:
    - by constants you mean cells containing a simple number ie no formula
    - These constant cells are not listed in the "By Changing cells" box of the
    Solver Parameters dialog. And this entry box doesn't contain any Named Range
    including these cells . (if named ranges are used here, check by selecting
    each of them in the Name box of excel that they don't include these cells.)

    If all of the above is ok, please describe the problem you are trying to
    solve in more details, as well as the solver parameters details.
    Sébastien
    <http://www.ondemandanalysis.com>