A stopwatch in a userform

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Pierre Archambault
    Guest

    A stopwatch in a userform

    Hi,

    I am using Windows 2000 Prof. and Excel 2000.

    I need to put a stopwatch in a userform. It will display the time elapsed
    (hh:mm:ss), there wil be a button to start de stopwatch another to pause and
    a third to stop it. The display must be updated continually while the user
    is still working in the userform.

    I found a snippet of code on the Internet that would probably do the job but
    I need to have "ietimer.ocx" on my machine and I don't have it.

    Whete can I find that file ? Is there another way to achieve that goal
    without using that ocx

    Thanks

    Pierre

  2. #2
    Jerry N
    Guest

    Re: A stopwatch in a userform

    Pierre
    You can download this ActiveX control at:
    http://activex.microsoft.com/control...86/ietimer.cab
    Place the Ietimer.ocx control in your C:\Windows\System32 directory then
    install it through VBA; go to Tools/References, browse for Ietimer.ocx in
    your Windows\System 32 directory. Select it, click OK.
    Next, activate your timer userform,then go to Tools/ Additional Controls.
    Scroll down to "Timer Object" and sselect it to place the ActiveX control in
    your toolbox. If you want the control to always be in your toolbox, go to
    Start/Run and then type: regsvr32.exe ietimer.ocx
    Regards, Jerry

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Robin Hammond
    Guest

    Re: A stopwatch in a userform

    There's an alternative timer and demo of something similar to what you want
    to do here:

    http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...ExcelTimer.htm

    Robin Hammond